Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Sentiments: Better Love

Sunday Sentiments is an attempt to record what God has been teaching me and the way in which He does it.



"Love sought is good, but given unsought is better." -William Shakespeare
She doesn't care if I'm in workout clothes, without make-up.  She doesn't care if I'm sick or tired.  
All that matters is that I'm there and that I'm her auntie. 

When I think of the ways I am loved, she comes to mind, along with my inner circle and my family.  Then my thoughts turn to God, who will always love me better and most of all.  He sought me out when I didn't believe I was worth seeking and He continues to lavish His love over me.  

He doesn't care that I still wrestle with doubt and insecurity.  I don't have to keep up my defenses in His presence.  I can simply be.  Such a precious gift, this being, this noticing the moment and thanking Him for the gifts both good and bad.

Truly, unsought love is better.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.