Monday, January 24, 2011

Blissdom Intro

I told you about how I decided to go to Blissdom but now you'd like to know more about me?  Well, then allow me to introduce myself.

  • I've never known anyone else named Leigh but I think there's actually another Leigh coming to Blissdom according to one of the participant lists floating around. We can commiserate about how often our names have been misspelled and mispronounced.
  • I'm a pediatric social worker and I love what I do.  My secret dream is to write a fiction book and I'm hoping to move a step closer in that direction this year.
  • I'm working on 32 Things Before Turning 32.  This will take care of #9!
  • I'm an excellent listener and I love hearing other people's life stories.  When we meet, I'll probably ask you a lot of questions about yourself but since I'm a social worker, you probably won't even realize what I'm doing.  That being said, please feel free to ask me questions about myself!
  • I'm a good mix of extrovert and introvert.  I tend to focus on getting to know the people around me, instead of the whole room.  I tend to observe and listen (see above) when I'm in a bigger group but I am most definitely not quiet or shy.
  • I'm a former insomniac and I believe this quality will come in handy this week.  If I don't stick to my sleep schedule, then I might as well stay up as late as I can! Fellow night owls, please introduce yourselves!
  • I am a huge tea drinker but if I'm really tired, coffee will do.
  • If I don't get a lot of sleep, I might wear my glasses instead of my contacts. Just imagine some dark frames over my blue eyes.  The rest of me will look the same.
  • I have a phobia of slipping on ice.  If you ask me to go ice skating, I will kindly decline. If I'm walking on a snowy or potentially icy surface, I take very small shuffling steps. I'd advise you to go around me if you're in a hurry.  This is why I'm glad Blissdom is occurring inside Opryland and we can ignore whatever is going on outside.
  • My business card is not impressive but it'll have all the info you need to keep in touch.  That's what counts, right?
  • I'm a White Sox fan but I won't hold against you if you're not.
  • I love talking about books, music, and food. In no particular order.
  • I'm looking forward to connecting with all my Twitter and blogging buddies!  I still feel intimidated to be going to my first conference but it helps knowing that many people feel or felt the same way.  Let me know if you'll be there so we can make sure our paths cross!
See y'all soon!

4 comments:

  1. Is Leigh pronounced "Lee" or "Lay" or "Lie?" I would think it's Lee since it's in your blog title HopefulLeigh. I think it's a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leigh :) I know you from chatting and tweeting, but it's nice to know we have a few more things in common! I am a night owl. I am not even bringing my contacts to Blissdom because I'm sure my eyes will not want them because I'm sure I will be up really late every night. I have a natural bent to want to know a lot about people, so I am inquisitive like you. Sometimes surreptitiously, sometimes not :) I love to talk about books, music, and food too. And I am more extrovert than introvert for sure.

    Looking so forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad to read all of this - I've been trying to sit down all weekend and write one just to send you personally (for fun), but #1 would be:

    1. I am a mother of 4 trying to get out of town for 5 days, so sitting down to write a list isn't going to happen until I'm all alone on an airplane. :)

    Can't wait to see you Wednesday night!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.