Sunday, December 5, 2010

This Week

Part of the Advent Season, for me, is looking at the need around me and beyond.  I try to give throughout the year but make a few extra donations at Christmas, in place of a present exchange and as a personal way to remember why we celebrate Christmas.

Each day this week I'll be highlighting organizations and causes I believe in.  There's no pressure here.  You may already support other places or you may not be in a place where you can give anymore.  This is just a few ideas in case you need them.

At the end of the week, I'll be hosting my first giveaway.  Be sure to check it out on Friday!

Finally, I wanted to let you know about two Read-Alongs that are coming up.

Michelle Sarabia is hosting the Read-Along for @StickyJesus by Tami Heim and Toni Birdsong.  It's about the relationship between faith and social media and sounds very interesting.  The Read-Along community will introduce itself on December 9, with the first chapter discussion starting the next Thursday.  All the details are here.

Marla Taviano's next Read-Along is Your Secret Name by Kary Oberbrunner.  Marla reviewed the book about a month ago. She also totally hooked us up!  From December 1 to December 15, Zondervan is offering an amazing deal. For $10, you get the book, the audio book and free shipping! Click here to take advantage of the deal.  The other cool part about this Read-Along?  Every week that you link your blog post, you'll be entered to win a book from Zondervan!  I love free books!  Tuesday December 28 the Read-Along community will do introductions and then the first chapter discussion will start the next week. More details here.

Let me know if you decide to do either Read-Along! 

2 comments:

  1. I decided during Radical read-a-long that I was going to participte in the next read-a-long that Marla does. So I will be joining you on The Secret Name read-a-along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, that's awesome! Can't wait to read your insights.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.