Friday, October 1, 2010

September Somethings

I'm taking a page from SortaCrunchy and sharing what I've been reading, watching, and hearing this month.

Reading: For fun, Of Bees and Mist, which is equally strange and riveting. For growth, Radical for the Radical Read Along.  InStyle magazine.  (I read 8 books this month- getting closer to my goal of reading 100 books this year!)

On deck: The Wednesday Sisters for Book Club. The Enneagram: A Christian Perspective for discussions with the Gat. And 4 other books from the library.  I'm addicted to reading.

TV: Chuck, Glee, Running Wilde, Parenthood, LA Ink, Vampire Diaries, Project Runway, The Office, and the Real Housewives shows. I know.  It's a lot.  In my defense, I'm usually reading the newspaper and checking email when the TV is on.  Also in my defense, this is part of my self-care routine- it ain't easy being a social worker some days!

Movie: Tracy and Joel rented Date Night last weekend and it was absolutely hilarious!  The combination of Steve Carrel and Tina Fey is unstoppable.  The weekend before that I watched Letters to Juliet, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Unfortunately the last 5 minutes were all kinds of cheesy and predictable.  Still, I love chick flicks and I love Romeo and Juliet references!

In my kitchen: I've been pretty productive this month.  I came up with a new risotto recipe and I attempted a 3 layer cake for the first time.

Listening:  If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I'm absolutely positively obsessed with Neulore.  I stumbled onto them off of a blog and was blown away.  AnnieBlogs kindly directed me towards Brite Revolution today, which is chock full of artists I love and artists I am going to love.  Free music, great artists, plus they highlight great causes.  Everyone wins!

So...what are you into this month?
Windy Poplars

2 comments:

  1. I love Glee and the Real Housewives shows too! My husband thinks I am crazy! I have to have 2 hours of TV a week for Glee and Greys Anatomy and I am set! Stopping by from Windy Poplars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED letters to juliet! I am a fan of the cheesy movies sometimes though so that probably helps! I just saw backup plan last weekend...with jlo...not that great. i was disappointed. I'll have to look for date night!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.