Sunday, August 29, 2010

Where Do You Blog?


Centsational Girl asked the question: Where do you blog?  And then she wanted to know why we blog where we blog and whether we love it or there's room for improvement.  Well, in my case there's tons of room for improvement!

I write in either my living room or my office.  I have this blog, as well as a professional blog and I realize that I unconsciously write them in different places.  This blog is usually written while sitting on my broken-in hand-me-down sectional couch in my living room.  It's a comfy couch but it's an ugly couch.  I prop my legs up on the ottoman or the adjoining couch cushion.  I make sure I have a drink handy, as well as snacks.  (Right now, I'm eating peanut butter filled pretzels.  Delicious!)  Sometimes the TV is on for background noise, otherwise the CD du jour.  I keep a serving tray on the ottoman with the latest magazines and a stack of CDs for whatever my mood.  I try to keep a piece of paper or pictures on one of the couch cushions to remind me what I plan to write about that particular day or week.

Photobucket

My goal is to buy a new couch for the living room at some point.  What I'm envisioning as my perfect blogging station involves a chaise and an end table to hold mugs of tea, a small notepad, a favorite vacation picture or two, and evermore CDs.  For a few years now I've wanted to find the perfect chaise, for blogging or reading.  I love having my legs stretched out while doing either activity.  I want it to be comfy and roomy. 

Here are a couple of chaises I'm admiring:


Since I'll be buying a new car in the next month or so, my living room plans will have to wait.  It doesn't hurt to be on the look out for the perfect furniture in the meantime!

My professional blog is usually written in my office.  The office is still a work in progress since I moved out of state 3 months ago. At least the desk is set up the way I like it with my huge bulletin board hung overhead.  I post different pictures, quotes, whatever is currently inspiring me on the bulletin board.  I keep post-it notes with future topics nearby, as well as folders of newspaper articles and conference handouts that I intend to write about.  Sometimes the professional blog is written in the living room but only if the clutter in the office is getting to me.  I can't wait until I'm finally done unpacking!
Photobucket
Thanks for taking a peek into my blogging world!

14 comments:

  1. I am so with you on the desire to be comfortable when you blog, and how cool that you choose to do it in several places ~ I'm the same! I think that inspiration bulletin board is key ~ always having something to look at to keep you smiling. Thanks so much for sharing your space(s) today!
    xo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your description of how you blog cracked me up, GOT TO HAVE drinks and snacks! lol, I agree :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choices of future furniture purchases! Comfortable and appealing...It's so important to have things that inspire you within reach...that and a snack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that giant bulletin board. Reminds me that I need to get a bigger one! Good for you for keeping comfort a priority. It's hard to blog if you're sitting in a hard, straightback chair. ;) I'm visiting from Kate's "Where I Blog" party. Hope you'll stop by and say hi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pretty wood desk, and love the bulletin board idea. If I didn't have cabinets above my desk, I know I'd have an inspiration board too. And I agree, reclining with the feet up is the ONLY way to blog out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those chaises! They look so comfy. Hope you get to buy one soon. Isn't it funny how you tend to blog in 2 different places for each particular blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for posting - this party is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could be wireless and move about. For now I have the desktop so I am corralled to one spot. And I always have my dark chocolate nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Couch blogging is the way to go - I wish I could be comfy and do that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all about creating a mood - I love that yours is about comfort and music. What a great outlet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It pays to be comfortable and the chaise styles that you have are very nice. It is nice to have the flexibility.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog design...something familiar about it. :o) I sit at a desk in the dining room. I would love to have an office/craft room. Someday....

    Have a great week. La

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.