Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wee Bit Wednesdays



{one} who’s the funniest person you know?
It's a tie between Jillio and the Gat.  I'm glad they let me hang out with them so I can appreciate their wit and insane line memorization skills.  Who else can quote Demetri Martin to me?

{two} were you a michael jackson fan?
Not really.  I wasn't allowed to listen to him while I was growing up.  In later years, I could sing along to Billie Jean and Man in the Mirror with the best of them but by that time, he was getting weirder so I never felt compelled to buy an album.  I think he was a very talented but flawed individual.

{three} what was your favorite book as a child?
I have so many favorites!  The Chronicles of Narnia, Anne of Green Gables, A Wrinkle in Time, Charlotte's Web, Winnie the Pooh, Secret Garden, shall I go on?

{four} what’s the most delicious meal you’ve ever eaten?
It's hard to narrow down but I've never forgotten the silky spice of the green curry chicken I had in Thailand.  I also had an amazing filet mignon with bearnaise a few years back that I could have eaten forever.

{five} if you could eliminate on thing you do each day in the bathroom so you never had to do it again, what would it be?
I hate shaving!!!  I have sensitive skin, plus eczema, so I can't shave every day.  Pretty much I have to decide a day or two in advance if I'm going to wear a dress, skirt, or capris and plan my shaving around that.

{six} if you could ask barak obama one question, what would it be?
I would ask him about his self-care routine.  It's important that we figure out the best way to take care of ourselves, especially if we have stressful jobs or we're in stressful situations.

{seven} what’s the best place near you to get a drink?
I haven't found a good bar in Nashville but there are plenty of good restaurants to get drinks!  I'm still getting used to buying alcohol at an alcohol store.  It was so convenient to pick up a bottle of wine when grocery shopping, especially at Trader Joe's and World Market.  Those days are gone, thanks to Tennessee law.

{eight} what kind of music can you just not stand to listen to?
Country.  Many, many people have tried to convert me but it's never worked.  I do like Dixie Chicks and have one Little Big Town album but that's it.  I love bluegrass but country music just irritates me.

{nine} who and when was your first kiss?
I was 18 and it was with Jeff.  It was a Saturday night and when I went to church the next morning, all of our friends knew.  Apparently, Jeff was pretty happy about it and couldn't keep it to himself:)

{ten} what 3 things do you think will become obsolete in the next ten years?
I have no idea!  I know that I don't want CDs to become obsolete.  I love holding the CD and reading the liner notes.  Mp3s may be convenient but they just don't provide the same experience.

2 comments:

  1. I love your answers, and you books are awesome. Most are books on my list to read to my son. I'm your newest follower. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been to South Street? It's a biker bar off of Grand close to Vandy. I loved getting drinks there.

    The Box Seat & Rippys are two more faves. Good luck on your hunt.

    You're right about there being lots of great restaurants for drinks. I'd never really thought of it before.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.