Saturday, August 21, 2010

The September Issue

As I recently mentioned, I adore fall fashion.  The thought of wearing my beloved sweaters again makes me giddy!  You can imagine my excitement then when this arrived in my mailbox a couple of days ago:


Then today, while shopping at Books-a-Million, I indulged and bought Elle and Marie Claire.  If they'd had the latest Vogue, I would have pocketed it too.  I never buy these magazines any other month.  InStyle and Real Simple are enough for me.  But come September, it is hard to resist these glossy pages.  True, I can't afford much of what's featured in these magazines but I can dream.  It helps me reexamine what I already have and come up with new ways to layer and mix.  Plus, I can always look for more affordable versions of the items I'm craving.

I thought about renting The September Edition to make my fall fashion quest complete.  I've been wanting to watch it for awhile.  A glimpse at Anna Wintour behind the scenes is both tantalizing and terrifying.  Still, I didn't want to be distracted.  Instead, I'm cozying up to my magazines, Pride and Prejudice playing in the background.  Let the dreaming begin...

2 comments:

  1. hey! thanks for visiting my blog!!! I have "The September Issue" and highly recommend it! I think you'd love it.....I, too, love wearing my sweaters again and wait for the september issues of the mags. :) I'd also love to hear more about your work as a peds med SW! I think you will really love "The Wednesday Sisters". let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall clothing too! I always seem to be on the hunt for the "perfect sweater". Bring on the cozy!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.