Thursday, July 29, 2010

Welcome to my Kitchen

Thanks for joining this very slow tour of my new home. My bedroom is here and the bathroom is here. I'm happy to report the maintenance man finally made some much needed repairs last week.  I'm putting furniture back in place and starting to attack the clutter in the office.  Everything is finding its own place.  And thanks to the fabulous wooden chest I found at the flea market last week, the living room should be added to our tour sometime soon!  In the meantime, let's explore my kitchen.  I love to cook so I spend quite a bit of time in this space.  Enjoy!
The view from the living room.  
The bar stools were a bargain at just $30 apiece.
The other side of the island: lots of counter space.
It makes all my food prep so much easier.
The cupboards hold a lot!
I suppose I could have put a table and chairs here.
But I'd rather do my laundry at home.
And that air conditioning unit?  It makes me miss central air.
It reminds me of my childhood without air conditioning.  That's why I love fans so much!
I get such a kick out of the White Sox, Anne Taintor, and QuotableMagnets.
This area is a bit cramped but I make it work.
That's basil growing!  Yum, a summer filled with pesto.
The tea kettle on the stove is for iced tea right now.  
I love drinking tea, especially Irish Breakfast.
I love wearing an apron while I'm cooking.  It makes me feel more professional somehow.
I bought this baker's rack in college at a dollar store.  It has served me well over the years.

As you can see, I have used all the space in my kitchen and more.  I still have two storage bins full of other kitchen/entertaining supplies.  Plus, I have my sights set on a KitchenAid mixer, a food processor, and a few other gadgets and gizmos.  Until then, I'm making this space work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.