Thursday, July 15, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Make me a match

Kelly's Korner is heading in a new direction for the latest Show Us Your Life: matchmaking.  She's invited everyone who knows of a quality, single guy to post a profile and see what happens.  Single ladies are invited to post their own profile.  I think this is such a fun idea no matter what happens!  If you poke around my blog, you'll have a pretty good sense of who I am and what my interests are.  In case you don't have time to poke around, here goes nothing:

I am 30 years old and a recent Nashville-transplant.  I'm a social worker at a local children's hospital, pretty much my dream job.  Sometimes I pinch myself when I think of how God lined up the details to get me to this place. I just went through the membership process at my church and am so excited to get plugged into a community group and start serving there.  Hospitality is my number one spiritual gift, with counseling following close behind.  I love having people over, whether it's for a dinner party, my infamous Chili and Doughnut Night, or a random friend who's in the neighborhood.  I also love to cook- it's a great stress reliever and creative outlet.  I am originally from the Chicago suburbs and a huge Chicago White Sox fan.  Family is very important to me.  My parents are still in the suburbs and my younger brother is in Virginia.  I'm especially close with my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.  Being far from family is about the only real downside of living here.  It will just make trips home even more meaningful!  Luckily, I live 5 blocks away from my best friend and her husband and 17 month old daughter Anna.  I have been teaching Anna who her favorite auntie is- she is a quick learner!  I read like a fiend and love to paint when I get a chance.  Traveling is a priority and I try to hike when I get a chance.  I'm a big music fan and always try to find new artists to listen to (latest faves: The Civil Wars, Grace Potter & the Nocturnals, Mumford & Sons, The Avett Brothers.) I'm looking forward to sharing my life with someone and raising our family together.

Faith is the most important thing I'm looking for in terms of a husband.  He must be passionate about his relationship with Christ and engaged in the beautifully messy process of sanctification.  After that a good sense of humor is essential.  I prefer a man who knows how to banter!  I would love a guy who is open to wherever life takes him.  Even if romance isn't in our future, perhaps friendship will be or I can introduce him to one of my other single friends!

Pictures from my goodbye party:
30th birthday trip to Asheville, NC with my mom:
With my cousin Zack at Easter:
Thanks in advance for considering me and thanks to Kelly for starting this!

1 comment:

  1. I posted my guy on Kelly's Linky--he's #5. He's in Atlanta but I live in Nashville, so maybe he'd come up here to meet!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.