Friday, July 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life- Favorite Bible Verse

The verse that I've been keeping close to my heart as I started work is 2 Corinthians 9:8.
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
It reminds me that God brought me to this very place, this very job, this very moment and He will use it to bring glory to His name.  I may still make mistakes, human that I am, but I will only do my best when I rely on God's strength and grace.

The verses I have clung to for the past few years are found in Romans 8:24-28.  Romans 8:28 was my starting point.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
When my world was falling apart, this was my tangible reminder that God would sift the good from the bad and make something beautiful from the aftermath.  It's too easy to hope for things to work out the way that I want them to but that's not what the verse is about.  That's where the preceding verses come in.
For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all.  Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.  We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
I love the imagery of the Spirit interceding on our behalf, groaning with the weight of where our hearts are at. I have the hope of salvation, which far outweighs present circumstances. This time on earth is a time of patiently waiting for heaven.  I lose sight of that though.  I think we all do.  These verses call to mind what is truly important.  Yes, God cares about what I'm going through- He literally searches my heart! But He also sees the big picture.  I want my life to be lined up with His will, with His big picture.

Take a moment to share your favorite verse a la Kelly's Korner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.