Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cafe Nonna review

The other night Kelly and I headed to Cafe Nonna on her excellent recommendation.  Kelly and her husband especially love the pizzas there.  The humidity has eased up here so we were able to sit outside and enjoy a nice breeze.  Unfortunately, the breeze kept catching the curtain hanging behind me (although there's outdoor seating, it's not open air- the curtains are up to block the sun so you don't have to squint through your dinner) and the curtain would settle upon my head like a nun's habit.  I thought it was hilarious!  The staff were helpful and friendly.  They did offer to do something about the curtain but then the sun would have blinded Kelly and I really didn't mind an occasional veil.  We decided to split the house salad and ordered the pizza with mushrooms and kalamata olives.  The house salad was clearly comprised of fresh ingredients and their homemade dressing was out of this world delicious.  Then our pizza arrived and I took a moment to thank the Lord that pizza was invented.  This is not your Chicago-style pizza.  This is a thin, crispy crust covered with fresh tomato, marinara, mozzarella, and basil, plus the desired toppings.  In short, it was perfection.  I can't wait to browse the rest of their menu.  Lunch-time options and the pizza are more in line with my budget but Cafe Nonna is in line to become my "special" restaurant of choice.
7/4/10: Kelly kindly emailed me this picture, taken with her Iphone.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.