Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Things that Make Me Happy!

I upgraded from a 4 year old Nokia flip phone to a Blackberry Bold a couple of weeks ago and am loving it.  It was a bit of a transition but it's nice to have a decent text messaging plan and access to email.  So far it is not turning in to a Crackberry.


Pretzels plus M&Ms?  Amazing!  I will need to pour out a handful and then put the bag away.  Otherwise I will eat the entire bag in one sitting.  It came close tonight.
Latest issue of InStyle always makes me happy.
I've been shopping for work clothes and it is surprisingly hard to find decent pants.  Just because it's summer doesn't mean we can all wear cropped pants in the work place!  Luckily Gap has these hip slung slim flare pants, and in an ankle cut no less.  No tailoring for me!
The Civil Wars in concert, on CD, in any form I can get them. (photograph not mine)
Good books.  Just finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and now working on Ahab's Wife.  I love losing myself in a novel.

The White Sox beating the Cubs 2 out of 3 games this past weekend.

The Pioneer Woman Cooks.  I sat down and read the whole thing in almost one sitting.  I've read parts of cookbooks before but never read one cover to cover.  The recipes are seriously amazing and her pictures and anecdotes make the pages come alive.

Phone dates with friends back home.

Figuring out how to go to places in Nashville without directions or maps!  I have faith I will have this city figured out in no time.  And by no time, I mean give me at least a year.

1 comment:

  1. Is the pretzel *inside* the chocolate? Are the files *inside* the computer?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.