Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Sentiments

I often leave church mulling over a point from the sermon or connecting it with something I read earlier in the week.  Sometimes lyrics play in my mind or a passage from a book won't let me go.  Every once in awhile I take the time to journal about those thoughts.  I want to be more intentional about capturing those moments and creating a spiritual record that I can look back on and hopefully see how God has grown me in the meantime.  That being said, I've created Sunday Sentiments

Dictionary.com definition:

sen·ti·ment [sen-tuh-muhnt] 

–noun

1. an attitude toward something; regard; opinion.
2. a mental feeling; emotion: a sentiment of pity.
3. refined or tender emotion; manifestation of the higher or more refined feelings.
4. exhibition or manifestation of feeling or sensibility, or appeal to the tender emotions, in literature, art, or music.
5. a thought influenced by or proceeding from feeling or emotion.
6. the thought or feeling intended to be conveyed by words, acts, or gestures as distinguished from the words, acts, or gestures themselves.
 
Sunday Sentiments will be my thoughts and attitudes about something God is teaching me or perhaps an area in which I'm struggling.  (Friends and family, it may be helpful to consider this as a weekly version of Chili and Doughnut Night, minus the Chili and Doughnuts.)  My posts might be about the sermon that morning, a conversation, a book, or a song.  Or the majesty of the great outdoors.  Or a painting.  Or...the list goes on.  God uses so many things to teach us and I want to be more sensitive to what He has for me.  Please feel free to respond to whatever I write about or let me know what God is teaching you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.