Friday, June 25, 2010

Kindred Connection: Movie Edition

I'm a little behind in the blogging world this week.  Starting a new job will do that to you.  What better way to celebrate the start of the weekend than by discussing movies?  That's right: it's Kindred Connection time.

1. What was your favorite movie as a child?
 My favorite Disney movie has always been Cinderella, hands down.  At one point in my life, I had it memorized.  Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea were viewed an insane number of times- I was madly in love with Gilbert.  Other favorites included The Neverending Story, The Princess Bride, and Troop Beverly Hills.  Princess Bride is still a classic but I have a feeling it might be painful to watch the other two.

2. If you could live in any movie as your fictional world, which one would it be?
I love the townsfolk in the small Irish town that The Matchmaker is set in.  Few people have seen that gem of a movie but it is fantastic.  I wouldn't mind being transplanted into Pride and Prejudice, BBC version of course.  Hello, Mr. Darcy.  
3. Have you ever seen a midnight showing, or hosted a movie release party? Tell us about it!
By virtue of friends who are Star Wars fanatics, I went to midnight showings of the second and third Star Wars movies (I get confused on the numbers because in my mind, they were the fifth and sixth in the series.)  I've never hosted a movie release party but I have hosted many a movie night.

4. What movie release are you most looking forward to this year?
Eclipse!  I don't think of my pals in Nashville are Twilight fans so I might not see it until I go home for Jill's wedding in August.  I've watched the other two movies with a different friend Jill and she has agreed to go see it with me then.  Although we both have permitted each other to watch it with others before then.  The movies in no way live up to the books but it is fun seeing different scenes come to life.  Let me just say that the Edward I envisioned is way hotter than the actor currently portraying him.
5. Are you a theatre goer, renter, or wait-and-buyer?
 I used to LOVE going to the movies, back when it only cost a few bucks.  Now that it's so expensive, I either wait for movies to come to the cheap theater or rent them.  I had Netflix for awhile, which was handy but I wasn't watching movies fast enough for it to be worth the money.  Plus, I love the communal experience of watching a movie so a theater or renting with friends is the best way for me to go.


How would you respond to these questions?  Comment here or link up on your own blog.



Windy Poplars

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leigh! Thanks for joining the Kindred Connection this week. I enjoyed reading your answers. I'm another Anne fanatic - I think I watched those movies once a week when I was a teenager! I also agree that it's a fun "communal" experience to watch movies w/ friends - and thank goodness we have a $1 theatre around here. I hate shelling out the $9+ at the regular theatre knowing that we could own the DVD for the price we were paying to watch it once! I hope you're having a great weekend so far...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.