Thursday, June 10, 2010

Kindred Connection: Food Edition

The Kindred Connection hosts a weekly link up, this time centering around one of my favorite subjects: food.


1. What is your favorite ethnicity of food?
 This is a tough call.  I love Mexican food but I can't go long without a Thai or Indian food fix.

2. If you could eat only one meal for two weeks straight, what would it be?
Probably Pasta alla Carbonara or just a good steak.  Ooh, or the Caprese Benedict from Honey (I miss that place!)
3.What is the "signature" dish that you cook? (you know, that always receives rave reviews and/or you get requests for the recipe - feel free to share the recipe!)
Is it bragging to say that anything I cook becomes a signature dish?  It probably is but I really am a good cook!  I'm famous for my annual Chili and Doughnut dinner in the fall.  My baked Mac and Cheese is a sure-fire crowd pleaser.  No one passes up a serving of Beef Stew.  I whipped up a Pico de Gallo-inspired salad for Memorial Day that had a kick and led to requests for me to make it again in the future.  And my Gooey Butter Cake was so good, a friend proposed to me.  
4. Is there something that you just can't handle eating - like gag reflex?
Meatloaf for some reason really offends my taste buds and my stomach.  My parents used to make me eat a small slice and I'd always cover it in cheese to try and make it more palatable.  To no avail.  Also, I don't like fish.  I'm always open to trying it anew but I've never liked it.
5. Do you think that the Kindred Connection should continue through the summer, or take the summer off?
 This is my first time linking up to Kindred Connection so I think it should continue!
If you'd like to join in on the food fun, head over to Kristin's blog and link up!
Windy Poplars

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leigh! Thanks for joining the party this week - and it's nice to meet you :-) It was fun reading your answers - it looks like we have similar taste-buds b/c my top 2 ethnicities would be Thai and Indian. LOVE THEM! Hmmm...a chili and doughnut party, huh? Now that sounds intriguing! You'll have to tell me more about it... Well, I hope you're having a wonderful weekend so far, and again, so lovely to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin, nice to meet you too! The chili/doughnut combination always gets a reaction:) I don't take credit for the idea- a friend's family eats doughnuts with their chili, instead of cornbread. Once I tried it, I was hooked and decided to introduce the concept to my friends. I make a huge amount of chili and then have someone bring plain glazed doughnuts from Krispy Kreme (although we've tried other kinds and it works just as well- even chocolate!) After we eat, everyone who wants to shares about what God has been teaching them in the last year or what their struggle has been. It's become a popular gathering six years later. When I started telling people I was moving to Nashville, there were a few who asked, "But what about Chili and Doughnut Night?!?!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Honey dates with you! :) I'm going to take my friend there this Friday but it just won't be the same without you, sniff. Very interesting to now know that you and I also share a dislike/gag over meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.