Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Tracy and Joel hosted a barbecue today for some of their community group members.  I had met a couple of people before this but tonight gave me an opportunity to get to know everyone better.  People have been very encouraging after hearing the story of how I got here and seem to think I'm going to like Nashville.  Even though I can't quite believe I'm REALLY here, I think I'm going to like it too.  I'm going to see The Civil Wars, a band I adore, with a new friend on Wednesday.  I am loving the music scene already!  My place is starting to feel more and more like home.  The office is still a work in progress but hopefully I'll be able to take pictures soon. 

It's strange not to be working but I am loving this time off.  It's been so long since I've had consecutive weeks off.  I'm getting my To Do list done but I'm also taking time to relax and hang out with Tracy and Anna.  I adore Anna's grin when she sees me come in their house!  My campaign for Favorite Auntie is going well indeed.  In the meantime, I'm trying to figure my way around town and use this time off wisely.  Still need to get some fried pickles, however...

1 comment:

  1. Not sure but we might be the same person. Rose Dunphy (McAndrews) sent me your way. I would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.