Wednesday, May 26, 2010

#2: MovED to Nashville

I'm officially a Tennessean now.  Well, not officially official.  I need another form of address verification before I can go down to the DMV to get my new license.  Once I get my first utility bill, I will head on down. 

I seriously can't believe I'm really here!  I actually did it!  A year ago, I'm not sure I would have had the guts to go through with this move but now that I'm here, it's so clear that this is where I should be.  God really brought everything together and I know He will continue to open doors.

It's been a whirlwind this past week.  Wednesday was my last day of work.  Thursday we picked up and loaded the moving truck.  Then I left to stay overnight with a friend in Indianapolis.  Friday morning I drove the rest of the way here and picked up my key from the rental office.  My cousin Adam and his wife drove the Penske truck down, and my parents drove in their car.  Once they all arrived, we unloaded the truck in record time and dropped the Penske truck off. Adam and Kelly made the rest of the weekend into a much-needed vacation and my parents helped me get mostly unpacked.

I still have more unpacking to do but my place is starting to feel like home.  And I have a few more weeks until I start my new job so I have plenty of time to accomplish everything on my Nashville To Do list and maybe even a few leftover projects to boot.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on moving to Nashville! It's a great place. We are a little sad to be leaving it so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.