Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Pioneer Woman

OK, I'd heard people waxing poetic about The Pioneer Woman before but I never stopped to see what all the fuss was about. Until yesterday. And then today. Oh man, am I ever obsessed now. I happened upon the blog Steph Cooks PW!, wherein the blogger is trying various Pioneer Woman recipes on her family and having them rate them. Lots of good ideas. So I went to the Pioneer Woman's site. She blogs. She cooks. Oh, and she homeschools her children (I'm not sold but if anyone could change my mind about the benefits of homeschooling, it would be Ree), posts home and garden tips, and has a photography tutorial. All while living on a ranch with her very own Marlboro Man (what she calls her husband, not an ad to start smoking.) She has been captivating me this morning with her love story: Black Heels to Tractors Wheels (start at the bottom with The Night I Met Marlboro Man and work your way up.) Now I need to find my own cowboy. And maybe become friends with her if I'm ever wandering through Oklahoma? And I want to order her cookbook. Not that I need another cookbook but because her recipes look so good- and this is written while I recover from food poisoning and most thoughts of food make me want to gag. I know I'm being all kinds of ridiculous. But just try reading that love story, or this recipe or this one, and then tell me it's no big deal. I dare you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Me from Steph Cooks PW!. Pioneer Woman's love story is such a good read, I could not quit. In fact, it had me laughing out loud in one particular chapter. Yes, I love the Pioneer Woman. You should definitely get her cookbook. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing at certain parts of her story too! I made her Beef Stew with Mushrooms tonight- so delicious- which sealed the deal for that cookbook purchase.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.