Sunday, January 24, 2010

Inside Out E-course

This past week I started a creative e-course, something I've never done before. I happened to learn about Shannon Kinney-Duh's month-long Inside Out e-course through a blog I stumbled on to. Isn't fun traveling one blog to the next and ending up in a great place? I liked the premise of using art and journaling as a means of self-discovery. Five days a week there are daily writing, art and creative play exercises. So far I have been impressed with the exercises Shannon comes up with! I've always had a creative side but since grad school, I've been lax about expressing that side of me. In fact one of my intentions since starting this course is to figure out a place in my apartment where my art supplies will be more accessible. Right now they're in the back of my closet, which is a handy storage space but does not promote actually using anything. One day I would love to have my own studio- even a dark room!- but until then, I need to make this apartment work for me.

The course also has weekly guided meditations and yoga tips. One neat aspect is our private class blog and Facebook group. Some members post more than others (I'm one of the less frequent posters due to my crazy schedule this past week) but it's an opportunity to get to know one another and support each other. I've been impressed with the vulnerability and genuine soul-searching that is occurring. Since this course is taken in your own home and at your own pace, it's nice to have an online community. Shannon's hope in starting this class is that members will feel empowered to make big changes in their lives that will bring more peace, purpose and happiness. I made a big decision before finding out about the e-course but in some ways, it is helping me think through the details and envision my life's direction. More than anything I want my life to bring glory to God. It is nice to write and draw as I pray through these next steps.

The next Inside Out e-course starts April 5. Registration opens February 4. I would highly encourage you to give it a try no matter what your background is, no matter how creative (or uncreative as the case may be) you are. You can email Shannon with questions at livefreely @ mac dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.